things girls do that I love:
- offer their friends sips of their coffee drinks without being asked
- scratch each others back
- say things like “smell this lotion I bought this weekend”
- compliment each other’s eyebrows
- that thing when they agree with you and their eyes get really wide and they nod their head solemnly
- throw out each others gum wrappers or chip bags when they get up
I know you want to cling to him because you think he is good and he makes you laugh and he kissed and put cute band-aids on the scars that weren’t healing fast enough, but Little Heart, there are times to hold on for dear life and there are times to let go,
and it is time for you to let go.
The memories you locked in your mind and the embraces you felt and the warm smells you love..the hopes you captured in the forms of “maybes”, “what ifs”, and “how comes” will make your little heart burst.
It is too much and you are getting lost. You’ve been stuck too long in this strange in-between place and are about to fall off and have nothing in the end.
So my precious little heart, look at him, breathe him in and let him go.